Classified ads can be very effective in online marketing. Free classified ads fit into every budget. It all comes down to how much time you are willing to spend creating, posting, updating and deleting ads. Depending on your particular product or service, it can be time-consuming to respond to interested parties, deliver goods or services and maintain a high level of customer service.
Selling through free classified ads can help you promote your business. Include your company’s name, product information and a website link in your ads to gain more attention. Include pictures whenever possible to give customers a better idea of what they can expect if they make a purchase from you.
The Benefits of Promoting on Classified Ad Sites
Aside from saving you money in advertising costs, placing ads on free classified sites has many other benefits. These include:
* Targeted traffic directed to your website.
* Instant posting.
* Few rules regarding what can be posted.
* The opportunity to test your ad copy at no cost before placing ads on websites that draw more traffic but charge a fee.
* The ability to track your visitors and gauge how successful each ad is.
* The ability to build your opt-in list and follow up with potential customers.
Tips for Promoting Your Business Using Free Classified Ads
Promoting your business with free classified ads is relatively easy. Still, there are some steps that can make your campaign more successful. Keep these tips in mind:
* Familiarize yourself with the terms of the classified ad site before posting. This will help you avoid having your ads deleted.
* Place ads frequently for better results. Update weekly to keep your posts at the top so you get more views.
* Remain professional, both in your classified ads and in dealings with potential customers.
* Make sure your ad shines and stands out from the crowd without being too loud or obnoxious.
* Include keywords to help targeted customers find your ads.
Classified Ads and Niche Marketing
One particularly effective way to get more targeted traffic from your free classified ads is to choose sites that are very specific in nature. For example, if you own a company that sells creative and unique baskets, then you can place your ad on a site for gifts. If you own a used car dealership, however, the gift site is not going to work for you. You can advertise in the automobile section of a general site, but you can also search for classified ad sites that are specifically geared toward car enthusiasts. The key is that visitors to these sites will already be interested in what you have to offer.
Traditional Advertising Versus Online Marketing
The advertising world has changed a lot over the last decade. Traditional print ads are not as effective as they once were. They also can be costly. Online marketing is the most effective way to promote a business, whether it is an online business or actually has a storefront. Free classified ads should certainly be included in your marketing strategy. Carefully track your website traffic to gauge how effective each ad is, and then make adjustments as needed. Online marketing is here to stay. Avoiding this valuable tool is like shutting the door on potential customers.